Fashion brands continue to experiment with an online experience that allows viewers to shop the products right from the video. Burberry was the first brand I noticed doing it. Watch this latest product video titled, “California Dreaming by Juicy Couture.” Is this an experience you could embrace? Does the emotional connection to the song and party scene make you want to buy the products more?
“Couture for a Cause”
Presented by Junior League of Richmond and Saks Fifth Avenue at Stony Point Fashion Park
November 9, 2011
Features special appearance by serveware designer Julia Knight
Come out for a night of style, food and fun. Saks will close the door to the public and open this exclusive event to ticket holders. Guests will enjoy a champagne and dessert reception, exciting raffle prizes and fabulous fashion. Saks will donate 10% of all sales that night and Thursday to the Junior League of Richmond. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased here.
There will also be a raffle including:
- Tory Burch Reva flats
- Restaurant Giftcards: Can Can, Brio, Cheesecake Factory, Blue Goat
- VCU Basketball tix
- Round of Golf for 4 w/Golf Cart plus a Private Golf lesson
- 8 week Barre Program @ Richmond Balance
- Nicola Flora gift card
- Perceptions Spa
- sit. stay. play! - 5 pet care visits/walks
- Julia Knight - Receive a Lotus bowl with $125 purchase
The Tory Burch flats are reason enough to attend ;)
Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Grand Opening with Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
First Tiffany’s store comes to Richmond, VA. It will join Saks Fifth Avenue, Louis Vuitton, BCBG and other high-end stores at Stony Point Fashion Park.
Key Access: You decide what it unlocks
Tiffany and Co.
Top 10 Reasons To Attend Fashion’s Night Out
1. You recently went through your closet and found your fall wardrobe still contains Jordache jeans and chunky heels. Time for a makeover with stylists on hand to help.
2. Meet and greet spicy blonde and stay at home mom, Alexis Bellino from The Real Housewives of Orange County.
3. Watch as the five Project Style finalists compete in their final fashion competition. The challenge: One hour. $200. Put together the most trendsetting outfit. The reward: $1000, feature in Belle Magazine and, of course, bragging rights.
4. Those adorable peep-toe pumps you’ve been coveting will come with a FNO only discount.
5. Prizes!! Text to Win throughout the night.
6. Enjoy a Dance Party at The Gap with DJ Tony Day, acrobatic yoga and “Lulu Lemonade” will be in store at Lulu Athletica, and walk the red carpet at Nordstrom. Just to name a few.
7. Discover up-and-coming designers from VCU’s Fashion Design and Merchandising department.
8. It has it’s own hashtag (#FNO), twitter handle (@FNOnyc) and app!
9. Mini-makeovers galore by your favorite salons: Red Door Spa, Salon Del Sol and Bubbles.
10. All the latest fall trends featured in fashion shows throughout the mall.
It’s the biggest night for fashionistas and friends. Come out to Short Pump Mall from 6-9 p.m. and enjoy a spectacular night of fashion.
Makeovers, fashion shows, a Real Orange County Housewife, oh my! If you haven’t made plans to check out tomorrow night’s Fashion’s Night Out, what are you waiting for?
Fashion’s Night Out (FNO), one of the fashion industry’s biggest evening, is making its way to Short Pump for it’s third annual posh event. Originally established by Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, FNO was created as a kick-off to New York Fashion week to celebrate style, shopping and inventing your own personal look. This year the Short Pump Mall is rolling out the red carpet, along with other cities across the world from Los Angeles to Milan, Atlanta to Australia—each hosting their own exclusive events, all at the exact same moment (tweeters can follow along with hashtag #FNO).
The mall will host the event from 6-9 p.m., following on the big apple’s stiletto heels with fashion shows on the Main Stage presented by Alexis Bellino from The Real Housewives of Orange Country, VCU design students, and your favorite retailers. Attendees can also enjoy in-store styling events, DJ parties, yoga sessions, store discounts, prizes, food and refreshments and more.
Also, don’t miss the final challenge in Short Pump’s annual Project Style contest. The fashion finalists will have one final outfit to present to a panel of judges including celebrity guest judges Bellino and 103.7 The River’s Melissa Chase.
While this event is sure to be exciting, FNO was also conceived with a purpose—rejuvenation to the economy, during a time when the retail industry was suffering. As a recession still lingers, finding ways to boost the local job market remains a challenge, but this is probably one of the most fun ways to go about it.
“It’s a chance to bring the community together. The event is not only to boost the economy, but to give us a chance to shop for a cause with many of the stores worldwide giving a percentage to charity,” says Jammie Chasteen, last year’s Project Style winner. Chasteen came up with the idea to host FNO with the help of Short Pump mall after attending the festivities last year in New York City. “Having experienced it first hand I am excited to see how Richmond comes together for the evening. I mean, it’s not everyday you are served sparkling spritzers, are able to watch acrobatic yoga and attend a fashion show, all while shopping your favorite stores. I hope to see Richmond out embracing the fashion excitement and enjoying all of the events.”
Here is a list of events running throughout the evening:
6:00 PM – 9:00PM / MAIN PLAZA
- Richmond’s fashionistas competed all summer long for a spot in the Project: Style Style Oﬀ, and tonight, five lucky finalists will be put to the ultimate fashion test. Each of the finalists will be given a $200 Short Pump Town Center gift card and one hour to shop and put together an outfit to present to our panel of judges. The judges, including last year’s Style Oﬀ winner Jammie Chasteen, Alexis Bellino of the Real Housewives of Orange County, and Melissa Chase of 103.7 The River, will select one of our five finalists to win $1000, a feature in the October issue of Belle Magazine and ultimate bragging rights as Richmond’s Top Trendsetter!
- Guests should watch out for the “Paparazzi” at the Main Entrance ready to snap shots while you walk the red carpet!
- Mingle with guests, enjoy food sampling from our fine restaurants and special eateries and peruse fashion booths featuring some of our retailers.
- Throughout the evening, enjoy fashion presentations on the Main Stage presented by VCU’s School of the Arts Department of Fashion Design and Merchandising, Alexis Bellino of the Real Housewives of Orange County, and some of our fine retailers.
7:00 PM – 8:00PM / NORDSTROM COURT
- Meet & Greet with the fabulous fashion guru Alexis Bellino of the Real Housewives of Orange County!
6:00 PM – 9:00PM / MACY’S WING
- Don’t be fooled! Those aren’t mannequins; they’re models! VCU’s School of the Arts Department of Fashion Design and Merchandising will have freeze models showcasing garments designed and sewn by their students.
6:00 PM – 9:00PM / PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
- Don’t forget to Text to Win awesome prizes throughout the night! Feel free to continue to shop, enjoy the entertainment and visit Guest Services before leaving for the evening to redeem your prize if you’re a WINNER.
Sue Wong was spotted at @tjmaxx. Love the different shades of pink embellished with beads and feathers. #fashion